Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beautiful History

I am listening to a song by Plum Called Beautiful History. As I sit here and ponder my day it has been full of thoughts, prayers, demands, and well Satan's call back to the yucky history.

But then I read this post again from a lovely lady :

It was so fun seeing you at MOPS, (giving out when you are struggling - you are an amazing woman!) The word = help (ezer) and meet ( to face) Ezer = to surround, protect, secure (strength, power, rescue) . The concept is that we as women and God's design face our husbands with the value of added strength to them... rather than taking from them! By God's design we face them with a YES and blessing of completing their God design of being conquerors! Hope this helps! love you!

This is after I wandered into a live conference for women in church leadership or pastors wives. They were talking about Passion in Leadership. It was very encouraging to know that I am a woman leader. God has called me, put the desire in me, and will encourage, stretch me to become more in love Him so I can lead from my passion. But I am always challenged to be less passionate form those around me.

I know I am intense and overwhelming. I even overwhelm myself sometimes like tonight. I know God is here but I am needing His peace that He made me just the way I am and have always been. I need the freedom to be the creation God designed.

the message that spoke the most challenge to me was the word SHAPE.
  • Spiritual Gifts- God gave us each one at the least.
  • Heart- What drives you?
  • Abilities- Part of the way you serve Him, you may not even recognize it. It is always been part of you.
  • *Personalities-You have been Blessed with this.
  • Experiences- make us, shape us, God uses them. All the Joys, triumphs, heart felt, painful, brokenhearted ones too.
God takes all of these to SHAPE our ministry. God is good, faithful, and always completes the promises he spoke to you for you. So hold onto those promises that he spoke to you in the still small quite times when you sought Him.

* She used the Winne the Pooh Personality Test It follows:
  • Tigers- FUN FUN FUN, Bouncy, Sunny,
    everyone's Best Friend even if they don't know your name ;)
  • Rabbit- They get things done, Keep everyone on task, schedule, productive
  • Eeyore- Everything is the BIG stuff or a big deal, artistic, creative
  • Winne the Pooh- They just go with life, the really don't care where they eat lunch : )
I am going to listen to my Father bring me into His History and let Him restore my heart. I belong to Jesus and he is in charge of my heart being focused in the right direction. I am Beautifully Shaped into His purpose and image day by day moment by moment. Only as I seek Him and come to His throne room to be restored. 

Grace for this moment, Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment